As a non-root user:
- Run the MCMA2_Linux_x86_64 binary via the command line or SSH. (Enter ./MCMA2_Linux_x86_64 in the directory you unpacked it) - you can set the admin password using the -setpass argument, -configonly makes MCMA stop immediately after performing configuration changes.
./MCMA2_Linux_x86_64 -configonly -setpass NEWADMINPASSWORD
- Start MCMA using Screen so that you can close any terminal/ssh sessions without stopping MCMA
Mac OS and Linux (32-bit)¶
- Download the latest version of McMyAdmin and use an archive tool to unpack it into an empty folder.
- Install the latest version of Mono for your system (see the Mono page for information on how to get the latest version)
- Run mono McMyAdmin.exe on the command line
-When MCMA is planned to be used in conjunction with a previous server please follow these instructions (in addition to the ones previously mentioned) to ensure that MCMA functions as intended:
- Allow mono to start using the default settings by starting it before moving any server files over. Once you have accessed the MCMA GUI go to configuration and click on the server tab. Change the server type to whatever type of server you plan to use.
- Now shut down MCMA by clicking on status, and then clicking shutdown server. Close the browser page.
- Type /quit in the terminal window opened by mono, to shutdown MCMA completely.
- Now you can move your current server folder to the Minecraft folder found in the MCMA folder. (You can also point MCMA to a custom server folder if you wish.)
- Restart MCMA as per the above command. (mono McMyAdmin.exe)
Your server should now be up and running. Completing the configuration process will be discussed else where in this wiki. Please also note that the CPU status does not currently work on OS X. Edit
Windows XP/Server 2003/Server 2008 (R2)
XP Users must be running Service Pack 3. Users on Service Pack 2 or lower must upgrade.
You must have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 installed (it is not included as standard). It can be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center
. Under Windows Server versions you must install the Application Server
role to meet this dependency.
Note: You must specifically have .NET 3.5 installed. Having only 4.0 installed without 3.5 will not satisfy the dependency as .NET framework versions are not mutually exclusive.Edit
The required version of .NET should already be installed as standard and no extra prerequisites are required.Edit
Download and Install¶
Grab the installer from http://mcmyadmin.com/Downloads/MCMA2_Installer.exe
and follow the on screen instructions.Edit
the latest version of McMyAdmin and use an archive tool to unpack it into an empty folder.
At this point you can run it immediately. Under Windows you can double click the McMyAdmin executable or run it from the command line. Under other platforms you invoke it using mono (mono McMyAdmin.exe)
When using entirely default settings, you can browse to the web UI locally by navigating to http://localhost:8080
with the default username and password of admin/admin - Note that if you have not changed the password then you will not be able to use the web UI remotely.
See this page
for information on McMyAdmins command line arguments.